· To provide strategic direction to formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate member development.
· To strategically monitor and prioritise development plan activities.
· To strategically monitor the member development budget.
· To review training outcomes
· To ensure link to Council aims, priorities and objectives.
· To maintain the Member Development Charter.
· To develop the Elected Member Development Programme.
· To promote development opportunities.
· To ensure cross-party communication.
· To share learning best practice.
· To ensure and promote accessibility.
· To promote diversity.
· To demonstrate continuous improvement.
· To identify learning objectives.
· To agree the Induction Programme.
Support officer: Democratic Services. 0116 272 7638