At the meeting of Council on 14 April 2015, Members approved to change the name of the Development Control Committee to the Planning Committee.
To find out more about recording or filming at council meetings, please click here
1. The consideration of and decision upon applications and the exercise of powers under:
(a) The Town and Country Planning Acts
(b) The Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
(c) The Building Act 1984
(d) Building Regulations
(e) Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990
(f) The Leicestershire Act 1985
2. The determination of applications under Section 64, Town and Country Planning Act, 1990 (power to determine whether planning permission is required).
3. The Council's functions under Sections 198 and 201 of the Town and Country Planning Act, 1990, in relation to tree preservation.
4. The granting of certificates under Section 17, Land Compensation Act, 1961, (certificate of appropriate alternative development).
5. The granting of certificates of lawful use or development under Section 191 and 192 of the Town and Country Planning Act, 1990 (as amended).
6. The determination of applications under Sections 10 and 74 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act, 1990, for alteration or demolition of a listed building and the exercise of powers to execute urgent works, and conservation area consent and related powers, and the issue of building preservation notices under Section 3 of that Act.
7. The making of Directions under Article 4 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order, 1995 and any subsequent amendment thereof.
8. Power to comment upon consultations on development in adjoining Districts.
9. Advertisement Control.
10. Attendance at Conferences and Seminars and other meetings.
11. Enforcement procedure for contraventions of the Town and Country Planning Acts, including legal proceedings.
12. Service of Untidy Land Notices under Section 215 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
13. The service of Contravention Notices for failure to comply with Building Regulations.
14. The naming of streets after consultation with the appropriate Town/Parish Council.
15. The numbering or renumbering of properties.
16. Authority to seek and accept tenders.
17. To deal with matters affecting Goods Vehicle Operator's Licences.
18. The approval or rejection of plans relating to Building Regulations submitted under the provisions of the Local Authority National Type Approval Confederation Scheme.
19. Prosecutions in connection with offences under any powers delegated to the Committee.
Support officer: Jessica Hammond. 0116 272 7638