The Agenda for this meeting will be published 5 clear working days before the scheduled date of the meeting. The Minutes and Decisions for this meeting will normally be published within 9 working days following the date of the meeting.
Note: this does not apply to Scrutiny Working Groups or Scrutiny Commissioners meetings, please contact the relevant Scrutiny Officer for more information on the work programme for these Groups.
Venue: Council Chamber - Council Offices, Narborough. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services 0116 272 7640
2023/24 Draft Portfolio Budget Proposals
To examine the following Portfolio Budgets and consider Portfolio Holder responses to scrutiny questions including any updates from the Strategic Director (S.151 Officer).
· Cllr. Terry Richardson - Leaders Portfolio,
· Cllr. Maggie Wright – Finance, People & Performance
· Cllr. Nigel Grundy & Cllr. Ben Taylor - Health, Wellbeing, Community Engagement & Business Support
· Cllr. Nigel Grundy – Neighbourhood Services & Assets
· Cllr. Les Phillimore – Housing, Community and Environmental Services
· Cllr. Ben Taylor - Planning Delivery & Enforcement and Corporate Transformation
(see agenda for 11th January 2023 for Portfolio Budget Statements)
The Chairman welcomed the Executive Director (S.151) who presented an update on the surplus of £79k that would be generated, should Council Tax be increased. Due to the carry-forward of Council tax deficit of £64k, the surplus was now estimated to be £15k.
Lines of questioning for the Portfolio Holders had been drafted and circulated to all Members following the previous meeting on the 11 January 2023.
Members were invited to ask supplementary questions of Portfolio Holders:
· Cllr. Terry Richardson – Leader’s Portfolio
· Cllr. Maggie Wright - Finance, People And Performance Portfolio
· Cllr. Nigel Grundy - Neighbourhood Services & Assets Portfolio
· Cllr. Les Phillimore - Housing, Community And Environmental Services Portfolio
· Cllr. Ben Taylor - Planning Delivery & Enforcement and Corporate Transformation Portfolio
Members were informed that responses to supplementary questions asked at the meeting would be circulated to Members before the meeting on 25 January 2023.
Date of the Next Meeting
· 25 January 2023.
· 25 January 2023 – to formulate Scrutiny’s response to the draft budget proposals.