The Agenda for this meeting will be published 5 clear working days before the scheduled date of the meeting. The Minutes and Decisions for this meeting will normally be published within 9 working days following the date of the meeting.
Note: this does not apply to Scrutiny Working Groups or Scrutiny Commissioners meetings, please contact the relevant Scrutiny Officer for more information on the work programme for these Groups.
Venue: Aston Flamville Parish Church
Election of Chairman
The current Chairman Mr T Ward announced that he would not be standing again as Chairman.
The Clerk invited nominations for the election of Chairman of the Aston Flamville Parish meeting.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 29 October 2014(enclosed).
The minutes of the meeting held on 29 October 2014 ,as circulated, were approved as a correct record.
Matters arising from the Minutes
Terry Ward the past Chairman went through a few items which included discussions on Localism and small planning applications received.
The Clerk to the meeting then thanked Terry for his hard work and his commitment to the Parish meeting during his time as Chairman, residents also thanked him for his contribution and service to the Parish.
The residents also thanked Ernie White for his work and his contribution to the Parish Meetings during his time as a District Councillor.
Any Other Business
The Chairman explained the current situation in respect of the site adjacent to the Manor House.
He showed residents a plan which proposed one dwelling on the site, but as yet no planning permission had been applied for, but he added that should the plan be submitted it was suggested that an open session for residents could be held at the church for discussions on the application.
County Councillor E White reported that a draft proposal had been made to the Boundary Commission to keep the current 55 seats at County Council.
District Councillor Report – Sheila Scott
Councillor Sheila Scott reported on the following items:
· Spoke about the recent election and was very pleased to be elected again along with Iain Hewson and a new member of the team Cllr Deanne Woods.
· Ernie White did not stand at the election for District Councillors, however he would still be continuing as a County Councillor and he will be attending Parish Council and Parish Meetings
· The new Leader of the Council is Terry Richardson and the Deputy Leader is Maggie Wright
· 17 new Councillors were elected for the Blaby District
· Community Grants will be in place for a further year, if the village would like to apply for a grant for flower pots, dog bins, benches or similar projects please let Sheila know and she will pass on the details to Liz Oakes.
· The Council’s Website has once again been voted one of the best in the country
· The Outstanding Achievement Awards held in October 2015 was another successful event
· In November a Sports Awards was held at Countesthorpe College, this was the first time that the event was held at this venue and it was a huge success.
· A Place to Grow – the Council’s Community Garden has been fortunate to have been given a legacy and this has enabled work to continue on the site – electricity – water and a new lodge.
· The launch of the Dementia Action Alliance and Dementia Awareness Week had taken place at the Council Offices.
· The Older Persons Forum has had a change of title to The Over 50’s Forum
· The Pavilion at Huncote has had a new Gym and relaxation area alongside a children’s play area.
· Fosse Meadows – A fantastic area of open space, children from Blaby schools planted 100 trees in the Arboretum also a new Bird Hive overlooking the water area has been provided
Churchyard - Trees
The Chairman reported that every 5 years the trees in the churchyard must be assessed at a cost of £3,500, as the church is an asset to the village he enquired if there was any grants available to meet some of the costs towards the assessment .
Cllrs S Scott and E White confirmed that they would look into the matter to see if there was any grants available.
Date of next meeting
The date of the next Parish Meeting to be arranged in consultation with the Chairman for a date in October 2015.