The Agenda for this meeting will be published 5 clear working days before the scheduled date of the meeting. The Minutes and Decisions for this meeting will normally be published within 9 working days following the date of the meeting.
Note: this does not apply to Scrutiny Working Groups or Scrutiny Commissioners meetings, please contact the relevant Scrutiny Officer for more information on the work programme for these Groups.
Venue: via Zoom
Contact: Sandeep Tiensa 0116 272 7640
Disclosures of Interest
To receive disclosures of interests from Members (ie. The existence and nature of those interests in respect of items on this agenda).
To approve and sign the minutes of the meeting held on 17 December 2020 (enclosed).
The minutes of the meeting held on 17 December 2020, as circulated, were approved as a correct record.
Considered – Report of the Development Services Manager.
John Brindley Ltd. Erection of four linked industrial units for storage and distribution use on open storage land. John Brindley Transport, The Close, Aston Lane, Sharnford
THAT APPLICATION 20/1081/FUL BE APPROVED SUBJECT TO THE IMPOSITION OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1. 3 year time limit
2. Approved plans
3. Materials to be as agreed
4. Bund to north to be increased to a height of 6.5 metres
5. Landscaping to be agreed (further details of planting to bund and north, west and south west hedgerows)
6. Agreed landscaping to be carried out
7. Surface water drainage scheme to be submitted, agreed and implemented
8. Parking for cars, HGVs and bicycles to be provided, including turning areas
9. Details of any lighting or CCTV to be submitted and agreed
10. Use limited to storage and distribution only
Mr G Billington Erection of single dwelling with associated access
Land to rear of 182 Station Road, Glenfield
Pursuant to Part 4, Section 7 of the Council’s Constitution in relation to public rights of participation in planning applications, the Chairman allowed the following to give a 5 minute presentation:
· Cllr. Nick Chapman – Ward Member
· Kristian Lawrence – Agent on behalf of the applicant
THAT APPLICATION 20/1233/FUL BE REFUSED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. The District Planning Authority considers that the proposed dwelling would represent an unwarranted and incongruous incursion of built development into the Green Wedge beyond the logical and well defined settlement boundary of Glenfield. The proposed dwelling (together with its associated domestic paraphernalia) in this prominent location would harm the open and undeveloped character and appearance of the Green Wedge and would further emphasise the inappropriate form of this development. Accordingly, it is therefore considered that the proposal would conflict with Policy CS16 of the Blaby District Local Plan (Core Strategy) Development Plan Document (2013) and the aims of the National Planning Policy Framework (2019).
2. The unsuitable width of the vehicular access and length of vehicular track being in excess of 150 metres would not accord with the standards set out in the Leicestershire Highways Design Guide. As such, the site access is deemed to be substandard and refuse collection vehicles and the emergency services would be unable to access the application site in a safe manner. Therefore it is considered that the proposal conflicts with Policy DM8 of the Blaby District Local Plan (Delivery) Development Plan Document (2019).
3. The applicant has failed to undertake an ecological walkover survey and as such, has failed to demonstrate that the proposal would not significantly harm the ecological habitats and species within this Green Wedge locality. Therefore it is considered that the proposal conflicts with Policy CS19 of the Blaby District Local Plan (Core Strategy) Development Plan Document (2013).
Cllr. Roy Denney having earlier declared an interest in this item abstained from voting.
The Chairman, Cllr. Louise Richardson having earlier declared a disclosable pecuniary interest in this item was ... view the full minutes text for item 215.