The Agenda for this meeting will be published 5 clear working days before the scheduled date of the meeting. The Minutes and Decisions for this meeting will normally be published within 9 working days following the date of the meeting.
Note: this does not apply to Scrutiny Working Groups or Scrutiny Commissioners meetings, please contact the relevant Scrutiny Officer for more information on the work programme for these Groups.
Venue: Council Chamber - Council Offices, Narborough. View directions
Contact: Sandeep Tiensa 0116 272 7640
The Chairman, Cllr. Ben Taylor in remembrance of the 75th anniversary of the D-day landings invited the Committee, and members or the public to stand and join him for a minutes silence.
Disclosures of Interest
To receive disclosures of interests from Members (ie. The existence and nature of those interests in respect of items on this agenda).
No disclosures were received.
To approve and sign the minutes of the meeting held on 25 April 2019 (enclosed).
The minutes of the meeting held on 25 April 2019 as circulated, were approved and signed as a correct record.
To consider the report of the Development Services Manager (enclosed).
Considered report of the Development Services Manager.
Mr John Tom Downes
Use of land for 20 mobile homes and erection of 2 amenity blocks.
Field View Park, Kirk Lane, Enderby
Pursuant to Part 4, Section 7 of the Council’s Constitution in relation to public
rights of participation in planning applications, the Chairman allowed the
following to give a 5 minute presentation:
· Amy Ruddle – In support of both of the applications
· Alec Statham – Agent, on behalf of the applicant
THAT APPLICATION 18/1152/FUL BE REFUSED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. The application site is within the Green Wedge, as defined in the updated Policies Map (2019), where Policy CS16 of the Core Strategy Development Plan Document 2013 applies. There is no significant need for additional residential development in Enderby and there are no exceptional circumstances or other material considerations that together are sufficient to outweigh the Policy presumption against allowing residential development in the Green Wedge. Accordingly, the proposal conflicts with Policy CS16 of the Blaby District Local Plan (Core Strategy) Development Plan Document 2013 and the updated Policies Map (2019).
2. The proposed development, including its layout and substandard separation distances of the mobile homes, would significantly harm the residential amenity of future occupiers, pose a fire risk to those occupiers, would represent a cramped form of development of poor design, is incapable of providing sufficient parking, turning and circulation facilities and results in the overdevelopment of the site contrary to the aims and objectives of Policy CS2 of the Local Plan (Core Strategy) Development Plan Document (2013) and Policies DM2 and DM8 of the Local Plan (Delivery) Development Plan Document (2019).
3. The applicant has failed to provide sufficient information for an assessment to be made of the risks of pollution to ground and surface waters and the water environment arising from the use of non-mains foul drainage as proposed in the development. The proposal is therefore contrary to Policy DM13 of the Local Plan (Delivery) Development Plan Document (2019).
4. In the absence of a planning obligation to secure an affordable housing contribution in terms that are satisfactory to the District Planning Authority, the proposal is contrary to Policy CS7 of the Local Plan (Core Strategy) Development Plan Document (2013), the Planning Obligations Supplementary Planning Document (2010) and the Housing Mix and Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document (2013).
5. The applicant has failed to provide sufficient on-site open space, sport and recreational facilities or a financial contribution in lieu of such facilities contrary to Updated Policy CS15 of the Local Plan (Delivery) Development Plan Document (2019) and the Planning Obligations and Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Guidance (2010).
6. The applicant has failed to provide sufficient financial contributions in respect to healthcare contrary to Policy CS12 of the Local Plan (Core Strategy) Development Plan Document (2013) and the Planning Obligations and Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (2010).
Mr Brian Rogers
Use of land for 10 mobile homes and an amenity block.
The Old ... view the full minutes text for item 29.